Roxene A.V. Nickle
My name is Roxene and I’m a media specialist, speaker and #EndoWarrior, born, raised and currently living in Kingston, Jamaica.
I recently celebrated by 50th birthday (yes, it’s true) and have well over two decades of experience in radio and television; having held many positions in and across the Jamaican media landscape —Broadcast Technician, Programmes Manager, Master Controller, Editor, Director, Producer and Presenter for institutions such as RE-TV, CVM TV, POWER 106 FM, KOOL 97 FM and the Breath of Change radio station.
These days, I’m a producer/presenter at The Edge 105 FM, established on February 10, 2020.
My career path reflects my love of service and community, as I’m passionate about connecting with people and helping in any way I can to bring some light into their lives. Creating this blog and its accompanying video podcast is an extension of the need to step into my purpose more fully.
The varied skills I’ve honed behind and in front of the camera help me to express this. It also often puts me behind the curtain or doing groundwork behind the scenes, and I’m grateful to have served in many such capacities, namely:
- Production Assistant for the Miss Jamaica World Pageant for over 10 years and co-host for the event’s 2015 staging
- Performer and Production Assistant for the past five years at the Powerful Men & Women Perform for Charity event
- Co-hosted the Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival twice
- Lent my voice and disc jockey skills to my own Saturday morning music show on KOOL 97 FM; where I also worked as a Producer and Duty Announcer
- I’ve been on the committee for the JCDC Festival Song Competition for the past 10 years
- I host JCDC events and model in their festival fashion shows
- I’ve voiced several TV and radio commercials airing locally and internationally, for companies like JMMB; Best Dressed, Peckish 876, The EDGE 105 FM, and many others
- And, my favourite, being a media practitioner has facilitated me hitting two of my main life goals… striking off my bucket list… visiting India and China! I was one of 168 global delegates recommended to travel to India for the Kumbh Mela celebration last year; and I also traveled to Beijing China as part of a 17-country contingent to participate in the Radio and Television Techniques Course there!
- I’ll be stepping into a new role serving my country on a different level later this year, more on that soon…
Plus, I work very closely with my alma mater, the St. Andrew High School for Girls; volunteer with the Mustard Seed Communities charity; and have recently become an advocate for Endometriosis awareness and public education with the B.A.S.E. Foundation, all of which are extremely rewarding.
My journey in media and advocacy continues and I’m happy to document it all on this blog as it unfolds. Of course if you need to hire me for any of my services, I’m here for that, too.
Thanks for joining me!
Book me as a…
- Voice Talent
- Event Planner